O 11,000 GALLON TANK CAR
Built in the
1940's and 1950's by American Car and Foundry, this 11,000
gallon specialized tank car was designed primarily for
transporting liquefied petroleum gas and became a familiar
sight on many of the railroads across the country.
- Die-cast chassis
- Tank fittings and safety placards
- 50-ton friction-bearing trucks
- Separately-applied handrails and grab irons
- Dome and ladder variations as per the prototype
- Accurate painting and printing
- Minimum diameter curve (3-rail): O-31
- Minimum diameter curve (2-rail): 24"
Please note: Atlas
"O" scale couplers can also be used on both 2-rail
and 3-rail versions.