New Paint Schemes &
O 40' Steel Reefers
This model is based
on the Pacific Fruit Express R-40-10 class reefer which was built in
1936 & 1937. This reefer was a very successful design for PFE and the
4,700 cars that were built constituted one of the largest orders ever
for refrigerator cars.
- True 1/4" dimensions and details
- Die-cast ladders, stirrups and grab irons
- Weighted chassis
- 50-ton Bettendorf trucks
- Prototypical painting and lettering
- Scale 33" wheels and scale couplers
- Minimum diameter curve: O-36 (3-rail)
- Minimum radius curve: 24" (2-rail)
Please note: Atlas "O" scale couplers
can also be used on both 2-rail and 3-rail versions.
Four road numbers are available for ART and NP
road names. Two road numbers are available for Armour. Eight road
numbers are available for Pacific Fruit Express. The MDT two-pack has
one road number per road name.