O 40' Re-Built Wood Refrigerator Car
Contact Your Atlas O Dealer)
from Our Online Store
During their long life span, many of the
prototype wood reefers were re-built and modernized at various
stages of their service life. This new Atlas O version
represents a car as it could be seen in the late 1930s and
1940s, after it was outfitted with several upgrades.
- Simulated metal roof
- Raised hatch platforms with simulated hatch plugs
- Brake wheel and brake housing
- Underframe details
- Braking system
- Highly detailed ABS body
- Separately-applied ladders, grab irons and
- Separately-applied door hinges, handles and
- Opening doors
- Separately-applied opening roof hatches, hinges
- Die-cast underframe
- 40-ton Bettendorf-style trucks
- Die-cast articulated couplers (3-Rail)
- Minimum diameter curve (3-Rail): O-31
- Minimum radius (2-Rail): 24"
versions feature die-cast scale
couplers and scale 33" wheelsets.
Four road numbers are available per road
name, except for Canada Dry and Prairie Farms Butter
which have two road numbers.
MSRP 3-rail: $59.95
MSRP 2-rail: $64.95