YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL!
New Road Names!
O 40' WOOD REEFER (ORIGINAL
(Model from previous run
This highly detailed model is based
on the 40' wood refrigerator cars built by
Pullman for the Northern Refrigerator Car Co. in
1930. With its rooftop ice hatches, USRA-style
fish belly underframe and vertical brake shaft,
it is representative of the thousands of similar
cars that were built during the
"Billboard" era of American railroads.
2-rail as well as 3-rail, these ready-to-run
reefers have state-of-the-art detailing and
hatches open just like on the real car)
- Highly detailed ABS body
- Separately-applied ladders, grab irons and
- Separately-applied door hinges, handles and
- Opening doors
- Separately-applied opening roof hatches, hinges
- Die-cast underframe
- Separately applied brake system and vertical
- Separately-applied coupler lift bars
- 40-ton Bettendorf-style,
sprung trucks with metal wheels
- Die-cast articulated couplers (3-rail)
- Minimum diameter curve (3-rail) O-27
versions feature body-mounted scale knuckle
couplers and scale 33" wheelsets.
(Models from previous run